Important!“People are not your most important asset. The right people are.” – Jim Collins, Good to Great
Jenkins Custom Homes builds luxury custom homes for discriminating clients. Known for our attention to detail, we have won many awards, including Texas Custom Builder of the Year, multiple times, and several Best in America awards! Our work environment is team-oriented, and we take great pride in our work. We invite you to view our website to learn more before applying for a position.
Jenkins Custom Homes is a mission-driven company whose main focus is to design and build the finest living environments possible. We believe that we create tangible assets that improve the life of the occupants and therefore, ultimately, the community they serve. We are passionate about doing work that matters. How do we do that? We apply our skills and services with the goal of excellence in all that we do.
We are a small company where every team member matters and is important. We are self-starters and solution providers. In teams that win, all team members are required to contribute at a high level. To work here, you must be passionate about the company’s mission and the service of others. You must be a “go-getter.” We don’t hire just to fill a seat; we want team members that will contribute their skills and talents right out of the gate.
We believe this is what sets our team apart. Our team members are hard-working, intelligent, and accomplished in their careers. We only hire team members who have the potential to grow and be promoted, and we have the lowest turnover ratio in the business. This creates an environment of energy and enthusiasm. It is fun and invigorating to work with the most creative and accomplished team in your field.
To apply for a position with Jenkins Custom Homes, email resume to [email protected]. No calls or personal visits please.
URGENT! We are NOW HIRING the following positions:
High-octane Superintendent / Construction Manager
Applicant should have a 4-year college degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Custom Home Building. The right person will have an eye for details and be a go-getter, have a thorough understanding of the building process and be a good listener.
We need a person with drive, a passion for home building, and a commitment to excelling in the science, methods, and materials of construction. You MUST be excited about, and able to do the following:
- Build a quality custom home, start to finish, without oversight.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule from start of construction to occupancy.
- Take responsibility for jobsite cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Work with clients, listen well, explain techniques, and provide clients with an awesome experience.
- Distribute change orders to vendors and trade partners. Make sure they are working off of current information.
- Communicate with trade partners, vendors, and project superintendent about scheduled deliveries, confirmations and follow-up calls.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders.
- Coordinate the routine scheduling of third party inspections.
- Coordinate material credits and returns.
- Know proper installation methods and materials.
- Know the International Residential Code.
- You must have a reliable truck capable of hauling misc. construction materials.
For even more information on this position, click here.
Superintendent Interns should also apply (must be enrolled in a 4-year college degree program with construction or project management as a major field of study).
What We Need:
Applicant should have a 4-year college degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in Custom Home Building.
You MUST be excited about, and able to do the following:
Construction: Develop and maintain an overall project CPM schedule in BuilderTrend for construction. PM will set the project baseline at the start of construction, and work with Site Superintendents to maintain the project schedule weekly. PM to produce 3 week look ahead schedules (including both purchasing and construction activities as applicable) against the baseline to be distributed weekly to the Executive Staff and Project Team. PM to coordinate and conduct weekly production meetings with the project team.
Construction: The PM insures that all Purchase Orders for labor and material are issued well in advance of the required delivery dates; accounting for current supply chain lead times. Project Managers maintain the budget, and approve payment requests per the terms of the Purchase Order. PM insures that all Purchase Orders are accepted and signed by the trade / vendor, and that all insurance requirements are in place. PM to review the Scope of Work with all trades and vendors so that there is no confusion about the how, when, and what work is to be performed. PM insures that all Purchase Orders are within budget. PM is responsible for producing a monthly Variance PO reports for items that are outside the original Scope of Work / Budget.
3. Materials Management:
PM to coordinate and manage any hot shot deliveries as required in order to maintain project schedule milestones. Site Superintendent to verify all material deliveries and provide marked-up delivery tickets to PM for entering into BT for payment processing by accounting. PM is responsible for returning all surplus materials for credit as this directly impacts PM’s potential bonus.
4. Change Orders:
PM is responsible for estimating and issuing Owner and Trade / Vendor Change Orders, and to manage any required plan / drawing revisions associated with said change orders.
5. Budget Management:
- Coordinate and conduct monthly budget review meetings with the Executive Staff and Project Team.
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are within budget. Report all Variance Purchase Orders monthly.
7. JDB Representative:
Meet with Vendors, Trade Contractors, Owners, and 3rd party consultants on site as needed. The Site Superintendent is responsible for all municipal and engineer’s inspections.
- Maintain, and keep accurate, all data and records within the Project Management Software.
- Maintain a Goal Setting File. On a weekly basis, record actual progress vs the planned schedule.
9. Embody Company’s Core Values.
We also have openings from time to time in the following areas and encourage you to send your resume:
Applicant should be a board-certified, licensed Architect in Texas and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Residential Design and should have a thorough understanding of LEED principles. This would be a dream job for an Architect looking for a long-term career in a place where every team member matters and contributes!
Requisite skills for consideration include:
- Luxury Residential Design and Technical Detailing Experience.
- Drafting, modeling and rendering skills including proficiency in CAD & Revit Architecture.
- Digital graphic skills, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Building Science and cutting-edge methods of construction including ICF.
- The ability to work well on a team.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Design Project Management experience.
- Construction Management experience.
What We Offer:
- A fun, professional work environment.
- Excellent pay.
- ARE test reimbursement and IDP support.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision.
- Company Matching 401K.
- Growth opportunities.
Applicant should have a college degree and experience using Revit (as well as AutoCAD). College experience counts. A degree in Architecture is preferred. Candidate must be able to sketch and render. This full-time position entails completing detailed CAD drawings for our homes and pools under the direction of our extremely talented Lead Architect. Please read the complete Complete Job Description before applying. Send an email outlining why you feel you are qualified and why you want to work for Jenkins to [email protected] with the words “Designer Application” in the subject line.
Licensed Interior Designer
Applicant should be a licensed Interior Designer, board certified in Texas, with a minimum of 3-5 years with an emphasis on new construction and remodeling. The right person for this job will be artistic and creative, yet organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once. This person must be a good listener and work well with both clients and a team of other talented individuals.
MUST be excited about, and able to do the following:
- Draw interior spaces to-scale
- Understand materials, balance, color, and how to communicate those to the client and the team
- Create multiple ideas, draw them, and present them to clients
- Ensure your team gets promoted over yourself – there is no room for big egos in our organization
- Listen, listen, listen – and be able to read clients, even when they aren’t absolutely thrilled with everything you are presenting
- Be early to every meeting
- Champion ideas, whether yours or someone else’s, from concept to implementation, ensuring the client is as happy with the concept as they are with the final product
- Work with our architects, project managers, and third party vendors and trade partners to ensure everyone understands what needs to be done
- Put ideas into digital format so that it can be uploaded into our web-based project management system and seen by the team (it MUST be to scale!)
- Have an understanding of draperies and furnishings and some experience with home decor
- Follow a project schedule and hit deadlines consistently
- Not required, but would add value, is some experience with a BIM modeling software that does 3D renderings of interior spaces
Estimating Purchasing Assistant
Applicant must have a 4-year degree from a college or university with a 3.0 GPA or better (prefer a Math, Engineering, or Finance-related college major). No previous experience necessary but ability to read plans and calculate take-offs is a plus.
What we Need:
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent must complete accurate quantity take-offs using Blue Beam Software. Quantity take-offs are then organized, totaled, and compiled into a spreadsheet for input into the Master Schedule of Values Spreadsheet.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent assists the Estimating Manager with the development and maintenance of Standard Scopes of Work for all the Major Trade Contractors.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent enters all Project Budgets into the BuilderTrend system for Cost Control. Budgets must balance with the Schedule of Values.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent will enter Requests for Bid and Purchase Orders into the system for the Estimating Manager.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent will read and double check all Bid Documents and Purchase Orders to Vendors and Trade Contractors for accuracy.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent will assist with the securing and recording of all General Liability Certificates from the active Trade Contractors and Vendors.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent shall check and enter Change Orders for the Estimating / Purchasing Manager into the system.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent shall assist Bookkeeping with problem billings that deviate from the Purchase Order.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent shall maintain relevant contact information in the BuilderTrend system for all active Trade Contractors and Vendors.
- Estimating / Purchasing Agent may perform various clerical tasks for the Purchasing and Estimating Department.
We need a very bright and efficient person with exceptional organizational skills, good communication skills, a fast learner, and a high level of energy and enthusiasm every day on the job.
Sales and Business Development
We need a very bright and efficient person with a 4-year college degree and exceptional communication skills, an optimistic personality, a commitment to excellence and integrity in all dealings, a fast learner, and a high level of energy and enthusiasm every day** on the job. This individual will assist the Marketing Director with Sales & Marketing and MUST be excited about the following tasks:
- Producing social media, web pages, or printed graphics as needed (training provided)
- Gathering social media material from our team, including some driving out to project sites to take photo/video
- Making face-to-face presentations to local Realtors (materials and training provided)
- Working on Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) products to produce documents, budgets, and presentations
- Working with Photoshop or Canva, as needed
- Keeping online records updated
- Helping to plan marketing events and strategize for new events for the upcoming year
- Organizing marketing materials at the office
- Answering the phone and scheduling client meetings
- And anything else that may be needed
- Be an ambassador of the company to all outside parties
- In a nutshell, you will assist the Marketing Director by helping with Marketing-related duties, including some graphic design work. If any of these duties look foreign to you, then you need not apply for this position.
This position has the potential to grow into a dream job, but just like anything worth having, it will take some hard work and patience. The right person will have a passion for marketing and genuinely enjoy working with people.
If you are passionate about these roles, have the skills laid forth, and are a go-getter, please submit your resume and portfolio!