The word turquoise comes from the French for Turkish, as the gem was originally imported from Turkey. The first recorded use of turquoise as a color name in English was in 1573. In many cultures of the Old and New Worlds, this gemstone has been esteemed for thousands of years as a holy stone, a bringer of good fortune or a talisman.
The color turquoise has a sweet feminine feel and works well in soft and sophisticated interiors. We have gathered a list of items in a cool shade of this amazing color and hope you find inspiration among them.
1. Jug Lamp Turquoise, $585. www.ciscohome.net
2. Emporium Home Candace Turquoise Table Lamp, $442. www.laylagrayce.com
3. Worlds Away Oval Wastebasket Zebra Turquoise, $160. www.laylagrayce.com
4. Worlds Away Palm Turquoise Bar Cart, $1,688. www.laylagrayce.com
5. COCOCOZY Maroc Turquoise Embroidered Pillow, $120. www.laylagrayce.com
6. Jonathan Adler Rug Zebra Turquoise, $1,195. www.laylagrayce.com
6. Sherwin Williams 6945 Belize. www.sherwinwilliams.com
8. Caliber Thermashell Charcoal Grill with Cart, $2,475. www.williams-sonoma.com
9. Ren-Wil Turquoise Echos Wall Art, $437. www.beyondstores.com
10. Pine Cove Hill Sugari Check Turquoise/White Throw, $88. www.zincdoor.com