For the Jenkins team, taking the project from design to construction is simple. The hand-off from the design department to the construction department consists of several internal meetings and one pre-construction meeting with you.
As soon as permits are issued, we’ll break ground and begin construction. At this stage, you’ll already have a thorough understanding of how the home will look and what will be in it—now, it’s simply a matter of watching your construction team make it a reality.
Throughout the construction process, Jenkins Custom Homes provides a more comprehensive suite of inspections and quality assurance programs than any other builder. These include:
- 3rd party inspections at every major stage of construction (i.e, pre-slab pour, electrical and mechanicals, etc.) to validate the quality of our work. We also provide these to the homeowner at the end of the project for peace of mind that every step we took was “by the book.”
- Regular walkthroughs with your Construction Manager at each stage of construction where we double and triple check that everything is progressing the way you want it.
- Continuous Punch List System that allows us to track each trade and review their punch list at each stage of construction. This eliminates costly errors and rework.
- “End of project” management inspection and project review with Shan.
- 6,11, and 23-month quality assurance inspections. Sometimes you need to live in your home for a while before you notice minor cosmetic needs. Jenkins Custom Homes’ online warranty request system allows you to log any items that need attention, which we then come out and take care of on your quality inspection date.
2-year home warranty. We offer a comprehensive 2-year home warranty to further insure that you get the home you deserve. This is double the industry standard, and we make it very easy with our MyJenkinsHome.com web-based communication system.
To ensure the long life and minimal maintenance of your home, we’re diligent about building according to proven scientific methodologies. Below are just a few stages of the homebuilding process and how we address quality control in each of them. Although every home is different, the quality and systems are always the same:
- Step 1: Pour the Slab
- Step 2: Build the Frame
- Step 3: Install Mechanicals (wiring, plumbing, & duct work)
- Step 4: Install the Roof
- Step 5: Insulate and Sheet Rock
- Step 6: Install Cabinets, Trim, & Paint
- Step 7: Bring in Countertops, Appliances, Plumbing & Electrical Top-Out
- Step 8: Install Flooring, Hardware, Mirrors & Glass
- Step 9: Final Touches & Final Clean
Homeowner Project Portal
Building a home can be time-consuming. That’s why we developed our web-based Homeowner Home page, which includes our complete project management system and smart phone app.
Once you’re moved into your new home, we’ll still be your builder for the next two years. We provide a warranty that not only doubles the industry standard, but is also one of the best in the business.
Our two-year warranty is double the industry standard and covers: lot grading & drainage; foundations & slabs; exterior concrete flatwork; framing; wall, ceiling, & beam tolerances; sub flooring & stairs; drywall tolerances & imperfections (blisters, cracks, seam lines, etc.); insulation; exterior siding & trim; masonry; stucco; roofs (flashing, vents, louvers, gutters/downspouts, shingles/tiles, etc.); doors & windows; carpet; finished concrete flooring; wood flooring; hard surfaces (ceramic tile, flagstone, marble, granite, etc.); painting, staining, wall coverings, plumbing fixtures, & accessories; pipes & vents; heating & cooling; ductwork; electrical fixtures (including smoke & CO2 detectors); interior trim; closet shelving; mirrors; glass shower doors; hardware & ironwork; fireplaces; irrigation systems; fencing; pest control; electrical delivery systems; electrical wiring/panel/breakers/fuses; electrical outlets & GFI; wiring & outlets (for cable TV, telephones, Ethernet, etc.); plumbing delivery systems; wastewater treatment system; HVAC delivery systems; refrigerant line; heating & cooling functions.
In addition, we provide a 10-year warranty on structural components such as footings, foundations, beams, headers, girders, lintels, columns, load-bearing walls, partitions, roof framing systems, ceiling framing, floor systems, and masonry arches.
At Jenkins, we do more than build great homes. We protect them with an exceptional warranty to give you the best compliment to luxury: peace of mind.