Water well basics
A water well is a structure created in the ground by drilling to access groundwater in underground aquifers. The well water is drawn by a mechanical pump.
A water well:
- Will provide unlimited water at only the cost to pump it out (once installed)
- Can be cleaner than municipal water sources
- Ensures independence from municipality
- Avoids possible contamination from communal water supply
- Can be installed in remote locations
- Initial installation costs ranges between $20,000 and $30,000, where a city water connection fee may only be $5,000 or $6,000 (water only, sewer is separate)
- The cost of additional filters to remove sediments and dissolved materials. Depending on the area, the water can be very heavy in dissolved materials. Some wells are in areas with sodium deposits and have a high salt content, which can damage fixtures and plants if not removed. Other areas are in limestone and have high sediment.
- Maintenance responsibility falls on the owner
- As droughts continue and water tables drop, the water well may have periods of low water and might need to be drilled deeper
About Jenkins Custom Homes
Jenkins Custom Homes is distinguished by their award-winning, in-house design team and construction group. Since 1992, their focus on establishing a true design-build business model benefits their clients with streamlined systems and white-glove service.
For Jenkins Custom Homes, the marriage of artful design and scientific construction is fundamental to their success, and has resulted in the perfect synthesis of superior design and proven methods of construction. For this reason, they have become the designer and builder of choice when it comes to luxury homes from Lake Austin to Lake Travis, to Lake LBJ and all points in between. Jenkins Custom Homes is the beginning of a meaningful experience.
www.newhousebuilder.com | 512-461-7990