Jenkins Custom Homes builds luxury custom homes for discriminating clients. Known for our attention to detail, we have won many awards, including Texas Custom Builder of the Year, multiple times! Our work environment is team-oriented, and we take great pride in our work. We invite you to view our website to learn more before applying for a position.
Jenkins Custom Homes is a mission-driven company whose main focus is to design and build the finest living environments possible. We believe that we create tangible assets that improve the life of the occupants and therefore, ultimately, the community they serve. We are passionate about doing work that matters. How do we do that? We apply our skills and services with the goal of excellence in all that we do.
We are a small company where every team member matters and is important. We are self starters and solution providers. In teams that win, all team members are required to contribute at a high level. To work here, you must be passionate about the company’s mission and the service of others. You must be a “go-getter.” We don’t hire just to fill a seat; we want team members that will contribute their skills and talents right out of the gate.
We believe this is what sets our team apart. Our team members are hard-working, intelligent, and accomplished in their careers. We only hire team members who have the potential to grow and be promoted, and we have the lowest turnover ratio in the business. This creates an environment of energy and enthusiasm. It is fun and invigorating to work with the most creative and accomplished team in your field.
To apply for a position with Jenkins Custom Homes, email resume to [email protected]. No calls or personal visits please.
We are NOW HIRING the following positions:
Applicant should have a 4-year college degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Custom Home Building. The right person will have an eye for details and be a go-getter, have a thorough understanding of the building process and be a good listener.
We need a person with drive, a passion for home building, and a commitment to excelling in the science, methods, and materials of construction. You MUST be excited about, and able to do the following:
- Build a quality custom home, start to finish, without oversight.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule from start of construction to occupancy.
- Be first to the jobsite and last to leave.
- Take responsibility for jobsite cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Maintain database of trade partners and vendor contact information.
- Distribute plans, specs, schedules and related documents and correspondence to appropriate parties.
- Work with clients, be willing to explain everything to them, and provide them with an awesome experience.
- Distribute change orders to vendors and trade partners. Make sure they are working off of current information.
- Communicate with trade partners, vendors, and project superintendent about scheduled deliveries, confirmations and follow-up calls.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders.
- Coordinate the routine scheduling of third party inspections.
- Coordinate material credits and returns.
- Know proper installation methods and materials within 2 months.
- Know the International Residential Code.
- You must have a reliable truck capable of hauling misc. construction materials.
We are expanding and also will be hiring within the next several months:
Part-Time Marketing Administrative Assistant
Applicant should have a college degree, and have some experience doing graphic design work (preferably with Photoshop or a similar tool). What We Need:
We need a very bright and efficient person with exceptional organizational skills, communication skills, an optimistic personality, a commitment to excellence and integrity in all dealings, a fast learner, and a high level of energy and enthusiasm every day on the job. This individual will assist the Marketing Director with Sales & Marketing and perform the following tasks:
- Work 20 hours a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) doing various tasks which may include:
- Organizing events, photo shoots, client and team meetings
- Producing social media, web, or printed graphics as needed
- Working on Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) products to write as needed
- Keeping online records updated
- Organizing marketing materials at the office
- Picking up snacks for meetings
- Answering the phone and scheduling client meetings
- And anything else that may be needed
- Be an ambassador of the company to all outside parties
- In a nutshell, you will assist the Marketing Director by helping with Marketing-related duties, including some design work. If any of these duties look foreign to you, then you need not apply for this position.
We also have openings from time to time in the following areas and encourage you to send your resume:
Architectural Designer/Draftsperson. Applicant should have a college degree and experience using Revit (as well as AutoCAD). College experience counts. A degree in Architecture is preferred. Candidate must be able to sketch and render. This full-time position entails completing detailed CAD drawings for our homes and pools under the direction of our extremely talented Lead Architect. Please read the complete Complete Job Description before applying. Send an email outlining why you feel you are qualified and why you want to work for Jenkins to [email protected] with the words “Designer Application” in the subject line.
Project Coordinator. Seeking a fun and fabulous candidate with exceptional organizational skills. We are looking for someone who can keep client’s selection schedules for them, help keep them on track, hold vendors accountable, help with selections when necessary, use project software to keep track of schedules, report to management, and do it all with charm and finesse. This very special person must have a degree from a 4-year major university. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-end residential construction, experience with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project, a proven track record keeping and staying organized and on task, and have some residential experience. Experience in the hospitality industry could also be a plus; although, this candidate must be able to be firm while still being polite.
Lead Architect/Designer. Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Residential Design, experience in the Luxury market a plus, and should have a thorough understanding of LEED principles. A degree in Architecture is preferred. CAD experience is required, and candidate must be able to sketch and render. This full-time position entails completing detailed CAD drawings for our homes and pools and working with our clients.